Family Camp at Yosemite Sept 3rd - Sept 5th,2016
SABA Islamic Family Camp
WhereFAMILY CAMP at YOSEMITE- 11401 Cherry Lake Rd, Groveland, CA 95321 is located in the heart of the Sierras near Yosemite National Park, just east of Groveland, California. The Family Camp is situated on 47 acres of leased land from the U.S. Forest Service. The Stanislaus National Forest and the middle fork of the Tuolumne River serve as the scenic backdrop to this mountain playground.
WhenSaturday, September 3rd, 2016
Sunday, September 4th, 2016
Monday, September 5th, 2016
Fun ActivitiesAvailable activities include:
- childrens play area/kids activities
- guided hiking tours
- fishing (bring your own gear)
Camp DutiesThis year every camper from ages 12 to 49 is required to sign up for a minimum of two camp duties. This allows everyone the opportunity to contribute to the camp's success and to foster community bonds while gaining Sawaab and Barakat. Many different duties are available, so you are sure to find something that you’ll enjoy doing. Each duty will require between 1/2 hour to 1 hour of your time, depending on the duty.
These duties include helping with:
- sports and fun activities
- spiritual activities
- loading and unloading the truck
- cooking in the kitchen
- serving food
- cleaning up
- camp fire activities
What to bringPlease remember to pack the following items:
- Quran,turbas,chadors etc
- casual and warm clothing (layers)
- jacket/sweater for campfire
- tennis shoes, hiking shoes
- shower slippers
- sleeping bag/blanket and pillow,
- flashlights with fresh batteries/lanterns
- bug/mosquito repellent lotion or spray,
- personal hygiene supplies (soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.),
- rain gear (just in case),
- optional: folding chairs and picnic mats,
- optional: camera, sports gear, badminton rackets and shuttlecock
- phone calling cards,
- sheets for extra privacy in the cabins
- water can (aftabey) for your bathroom.
- Bed and mattress is provided by facility
- Bring your own sheets,comforters/blankets.
AccommodationThe family camp offers 50 large tents that can accomodate upto 6 people each.Includes beds,mattresses.Bring your own pillow,sheets and blankets. A small number of tents have electricity and preference will be given to families with elderly members.
There are 6 cabins that can accomodate upto 4 people each.They come with beds and mattresses only.
Please note we will try to accommodate as many families as possible together, however we most likely have to separate smaller families into male and female cabins.
So if you want guaranteed stay with your family please choose a tent.No personal tents allowed.
The camp is organized by volunteers for the enjoyment of SABA members and their families.Our primary goal is to make this trip fun and affordable, and we do our best to keep the price as low as possible. SABA does not intend to make any monitory profit nor incur any loss for holding the camp. To make it affordable for all families, camp fees are subsidized. Please donate generously to help SABA with camp expenses. It will help SABA to continue holding such camps in future at affordable prices for all members.
PriceTent charges - Early Bird Special until 7th July - $98/Adult $58/Child (6-12yrs) .Can check in on Friday night at no additional cost.A light meal will be seved.There will be no programs on Friday night.
General price after 7th July - $112/Adult $72/Child (6-12 yrs) .
Cabin charges- $450/cabin accomodates 4 people.
All prices include food and accomodation.