Family Camp at Yosemite Sept 3rd - Sept 5th, 2016
SABA Islamic Family CampISLAMIC DRESS CODE REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES. ONLY REGISTERED ATTENDEES WILL BE ALLOWED AT CAMP. ANY ADDITIONAL, UNREGISTERED FAMILY MEMBERS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ,SINCE WE ARE AT FULL CAPACITY. PLEASE CHECK IN AT REGISTRATION BOOTH AND OUR VOLUNTEERS WILL GUIDE YOU TO YOUR ASSIGNED TENT OR CABIN.
WhenSaturday, September 3rd, 2016 -10 A.M.
Sunday, September 4th, 2016 - 10 A.M
Monday, September 5th, 2016 -CHECKOUT BY 10 A.M.
Fun ActivitiesAvailable activities- Please sign up when you check in.
- childrens play area/kids activities
- guided hiking tours
- fishing (bring your own gear)
Spiritual ActivitiesSalat,duas,one-on-one sessions with alims and alima.Please sign up for one-on-one sessions at camp.
FoodLight meal for earlybird checkins on Friday. Breakfast,lunch and dinner wil be served on Sat and Sunday.Only breakfast on Monday before checkout.
What to bringRecommendations of things to pack
1. Flashlights/lanterns with extra batteries.
2. Your medicines, medical devices, baby food if any.
3. Quran, turbas, chadors etc
4. Casual and warm clothing (layers)
5. Comfortable shoes- tennis shoes, hiking shoes
6. Hat/sunglasses, umbrellas
8. Shower slippers
9. Bring your own sheets, comforters/blankets, pillows. Bed and mattress is provided by the facility10.Bug/mosquito repellent lotion or spray,
12.Toileteries (soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.),
13.Folding chairs and picnic mats,
14.Sheets/curtains for extra privacy, Large safety pins or clips
15.Swimming gear, inflatables for pool/creek , fishing gear with your fishing license.
16.Please carry printouts of directions as cell phones may not work in certain areas.
Please bring a sleeping bag if there are more than 4 members in your cabin as only 4 beds are provided for cabins.
Please bring a sleeping bag if there are more than 6 members in your tent as only 6 beds are provided for tents.
Cleaning and Security DepositOnce a staff member verifies that your area is clean and packed up on time you will be reimbursed the deposit (may take 2 weeks after checkout).
Please note leaving the cabins or camp dirty imposes fines on Saba and loss of your security deposit.
Saba Camping Rules and RegulationsWe reserve the right to refuse the camp to anybody at any point without specifying a reason, solely based on the discretion of the camp manager, and depending on when this may happen, no refund may be issued. Our goal is to provide a relaxing, friendly and safe environment for all the attending campers.
1. Upon arrival you need to register with the camp organizers. Please inform the camp organizers before going outside.Everyone is expected to make a sincere effort to make this camping event pleasant for everyone. No one may disturb the peace or behave in a way to endanger the safety of anyone in the camp. No fighting, swearing or inappropriate behavior will be tolerated and anyone violating this will be asked to leave and forfeit their deposit.
2. Everyone is expected to strictly observe Islamic etiquette and rules. Both men and women are required to observe Islamic dress code at all times.
3. No smoking throughout the camp.
4. No firecrackers, paint ball guns, BB guns, or firearms are allowed at the camp.
5. Vehicles are not permitted on any road other than the main road. Park vehicles in designated areas only. The speed limit in camp is 5 MP. No dirt bikes, ATVs or other off-road recreational vehicles.
6. Climbing trees, cabins, buildings, and roofs is prohibited.
7. No wifi.
8. Please contact the organizing committee if you have any complaints or suggestions. Please inform the organizers first and do not take any actions yourself. 9.Do not create any fires in the camp or in the surrounding forest. There will be a campfire organized on Saturday and Sunday for everyone. Please make sure that you and your children do not play with matches or fire in the camp.
10. Everyone is encouraged to attend prayers and main gathering events.
11. Participants must follow all the rules and regulations of Family Camp at Yosemite.
12. All parents are responsible for any damage (breakage or graffiti) caused by their children inside or around the camp property.Please keep an eye on your children at all times.Please make sure they dont wander off beyond camp limits.
13. Absolutely no moving of furniture.
14. Everyone must keep their area clean and not litter anywhere in the campsite, otherwise they will not receive their deposit.
15. Any difference should be resolved by the camp manager or Maulana Abidi.