SABA Islamic Center is the oldest and largest Islamic Center in Northern California with a mission to promote the message of Islam. We request you to support the Islamic Center and its programs by becoming a contributing member. Please download and fill out both parts of the following form and hand in to SABA Secretary or any Board Member, or US mail it to Secretary, SABA Inc., 4415 Fortran Ct., San Jose, CA 95134.
Download SABA Membership Application Form
- SABA Islamic Center is the oldest and unique multi-ethnic Islamic Institution in Bay Area serving the Muslim community since 1979. It is operated and owned by the Bay
Area Islamic community.
- SABA Islamic Center runs entirely from member donations and is a registered US non-profit religious corporation. All donations are tax deductible. SABA organizes & commemorates Muharram & Ramadan programs, Birthdays & Martyrdoms for all the 14 Masomeen & major Islamic events. Several English, Arabic, Persian and Urdu speakers are invited every year.
- SABA provides funeral & marriage services.
- SABA organizes non-profit Hajj pilgrimages.
- SABA is actively involved in providing Islamic education for children & youth of the community through its Sunday school program. The school has over 200 enrolled students and offers classes from Pre-K to 8th grades and adults.
- SABA organizes Youth Conferences, Summer Day Camps, Family Camping Trips, weekly youth meetings, special Muharram & Ramadan youth programs.
- SABA maintains contact with the local government & law enforcement agencies for the benefit of Shia community.
- SABA publications include Islamic Calendar with prayer timings, Sunday school Fiqh, Akhlaq and History books for grades 1 to 8th, Hajj Guide and weekly email newsletters.
- SABA hosts full-time resident scholar, Hojjatul Islam Dr. Nabi Raza Abidi, whose religious knowledge, wisdom, humility and politeness, as well as fluency in multiple languages is an asset for the community.
- SABA is authorized, through its resident Aalim, by all of the major religious authorities to accept charities of Khums, Zakat & Sadaqa.